Open Source BPEL Engine
Project Riftsaw is a WS-BPEL 2.0 engine that is optimized for the JBoss Application Server container. WS-BPEL 2.0 is an XML-based language for defining business processes that orchestrate web services.
Riftsaw is based on Apache ODE and supports the following features:
- WS-BPEL 2.0 OASIS standard and the legacy BPEL4WS 1.1 vendor specification.
- JBossWS Native and CXF Web Service stack support.
- UDDI registration of BPEL endpoints, and Runtime UDDI Endpoint lookup as preview
- Enterprise quality GWT based BPM console to manage process definitions and instances.
- High level API to the engine that allows you to integrate the core with virtually any communication layer.
- JBoss deployment architecture, enabling hot deployment.
- Compiled approach to BPEL that provides detailed analysis and validation at the command line or at deployment.
- Short-lived and long-running process executions.
- Process persistence & recovery.
- Process versioning.
- Ant-based deployment.
- Integrated with the JBoss ESB.
- Eclipse-based BPEL designer and deployment, supported through JBoss Tools.
- Runs in JBoss Cluster.
- A good set of examples to help you get started quickly, including Sun's BPEL Blueprint examples.
We welcome your input and involvement. Please get started as an end-user by downloading these items, read the getting started guide and provide feedback in the forums. If you are interested in becoming a contributor to this new and exciting project please use the developer forums to contact us.
- Building your own service in SwitchYard (JUDCon China)
- The JUDCon was held in China first time in the end of Nov in Beijing, it has almost been 3 years aft…
- RiftSaw 3.0.0-M2 released
- As we said previously, the RiftSaw 3 will be a BPEL component in SwitchYard project. Therefore, as …
- RiftSaw 3 - A new direction
- As of version 3, Riftsaw will no longer be directly distributed as part of this project. The aim of…
- View more riftsaw blog